Happy New Year Everyone
We are super stoked that the days are now getting longer and the hours of daylight are increasing. This increase of vitamin D is great for the body but also means there are more hours in the day to enjoy watersports and beach time..
It is a well know fact that being outdoors and doing sport is great for wellness and mindset. But lets take a closer look at the sports we all do at 2XS, West Wittering and highlight some of the benefits (and excuses you might need to sneak down to the beach)
- Healthy Heart. Raising the heart rate when powering up for big jumps, tricks and wave rides. The combination of aerobic and resistance exercises is a great way to help balance your weight and all round fitness
- Body Tone. Kitesboarding, windsurfing, and SUPing gives a pretty good all round workout, but especially the upper arms and core.
- Balance. Any boardsport will improve you balance. The sometimes challenging South Coast conditions can give you even more of a balance workout
- Brain Power. Concentration and co-ordination on several tasks at a time is great brain training skill.
- Stress Relief. Adrenalin rushes help create a greater feeler of well being.
- Immune System Boost. By boosting endorphins and reducing your stress levels, you also boost your immune system.
- Community and networking. Interacting with like minded people doing activities that you love helps build communicate and relationship skills.